- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Melton the Gamer collects the following data:
- Personal identification information, which includes your name, any nickname provided, and your email address.
- Comments to articles, review scores, and lists of games added to the Played Games List.
- Comments and messages within the SEGA Chat feature.
- Articles submitted to Melton the Gamer through the Dashboard.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Melton the Gamer with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online.
- Sign up for the email list.
- Voluntarily submit articles to Melton the Gamer through the Dashboard feature or provide comments on any of our forums or via email.
- Voluntarily use the SEGA Chat feature.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Contact you by email about any submissions you make to Melton the Gamer.
- Email you with notifications when you and other Melton the Gamer members interact through replies, comments and the messaging feature (SEGA Chat).
How do we store your data?
Melton the Gamer securely stores your data on the Website behind strong passwords, and within a backup storage behind strong passwords.
Melton the Gamer will keep all the data provided to us for the length of time you are registered on the Website. If you remove your account, or it is removed by Melton the Gamer, some of the data remains within the Website (for example, comments made on articles, forum topics replied to, or submitted articles). Personal identifying details, including Name and Email address associated with your account are deleted from the Website. Some of your personal identifying data within the backup storage is kept for longer, and will be deleted as the backups are deleted. Nicknames provided to the website may remain on comments and Forum topics.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Melton the Gamer from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click the unsubscribe link within any marketing email received, or contact Melton the Gamer directly at [email protected]
What are your data protection rights?
Melton the Gamer would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Melton the Gamer for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service. Personal data includes names, email addresses and any other personal identifying information.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Melton the Gamer correct any personal data you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SEGA Universe to complete the personal data you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Melton the Gamer erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Melton the Gamer restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Melton the Gamer’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Melton the Gamer transfer the personal data that we have collected to an organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- For un-registered users, providing the feature of saving games to the Games Played List
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Melton the Gamer has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).